This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpreadOREOCheer #CollectiveBias
The moment December hits I start planning out which meals and goodies I will be making and where I will be taking them. I love pulling out favorite old family recipes and of course searching Pinterest for new ones too. Today I'm sharing the perfect Holiday dessert, something simple to make, simple to share and of course delicious. Recipes tend to call my name when they feature family favorites for ingredients, this one features the best cookies of all, OREO cookies.
For this recipe you will need:
- 1 pack of OREO cookies (I used Double Stuff, you can use any variety)
- 1 large box of Chocolate pudding. (mixed with Milk)
- 1 pack of Cream Cheese
- 1 tub of whipped cream
- 1 tsp of sugar
The recipe instructions are very simple. Recipes that are simple are important for the holidays because time is precious and the holidays are busy.
- Follow the instructions on the box of pudding and mix it with the milk and set in the fridge to chill. The pudding should set within the time it takes to prepare the other layers.
- Place the OREO cookies in a food processor until it crumbs. Set aside.
- Mix the cream cheese, whipped cream and sugar together until smooth.
- Next you can assemble your cups. Begin with a layer of OREO cookie crumbles, next add a layer of the cream cheese mixture, then add the pudding layer. Last, top with more whipped cream and anything else your heart desires. I used pretty snowflake sprinkles.
This dessert is perfect for any holiday party. Both kids and adults will enjoy this mini trifle dessert because, well everyone loves OREO cookies. When I was a kid the big deal about OREO cookies was how you ate them. Did you take them apart before eating them? OR eat them whole? Did you lick the cream out first? Nowadays, OREO cookies are always celebrating with seasonal flavors in limited edition or holiday varieties.