When I was growing up, there was no exception to what we drank with our meals. We had a glass of milk at every meal that we sat down to, it was just the way things were. Now as a mom, I am doing my best to do the same for my girls. They may not have milk at every meal like I did, but other than water, milk is the only drink they are allowed to have at the table. #FuertesconLeche #adRead More
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HowDoYouHash #CollectiveBias
Breakfast is my husband's favorite meal, in fact, if he had his way he would eat it for every meal. I have him to thank for introducing me to HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Hash for the first time about 6 months ago. Hash was never something my family ate when I was growing up, but my husband has fond memories of his mother making it. Now that I've had it a few times, I've been trying to think of more ways to use it to make new breakfast dishes. Through all that breakfast brainstorming I came up with Breakfast Tostadas.
Above you can see the ingredients that I used for my breakfast tostada including:
- HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Hash, cooked
- Fried corn tortillas
- Avocados, smashed
- Scrambled Eggs, cooked
- Sour cream
- Pico de Gallo
- Shredded Cheese
See the slideshow below for the step by step on how to build your tostada.
As you can see above, building your breakfast tostada is all about layers.
- Fry the tortillas and cook the hash and set aside.
- Spread smashed avocado on the tostada.
- Add a layer of scrambled eggs.
- Top with HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Hash.
- Add a dollop of sour cream.
- Last sprinkle some Pico de Gallo and shredded cheese for added flavor.
My mother in law said she uses HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Hash for taquitos! Mmm.. I guess that will be a post for another day.
So tell me: #HowDoYouHash? I would love to hear some of your favorite ways to cook Hash, leave me a comment below.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #QuakerRealMedleys #CollectiveBias
You know what they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It's true, breakfast is important but for me I have the hardest time coming up with different ideas for breakfast. It probably has to do with the fact that I don't function well before coffee, but I must admit, I usually hand them some quick toaster item. I am so glad to have found the new Quaker® Real Medleys® Yogurt Cups at Walmart, because now I can hand them something delicious and filling just as easily.
I count this as a total Mom Win when you can meet all food group criteria in one meal. Quaker Real Medleys is a delicious blend of everything you need for breakfast. Dairy is covered with the yogurt and milk, Multigrains covered with the granola, real Fruit and some crunchy nuts. Now all we need is some extra protein. What better way to please the picky eaters than with an omelette bar? This way, they can pick all of their favorite ingredients to add to it and if you're lucky, you can add in some veggies here and there.
An omelette bar is much easier than you may think, and a great way to give everyone exactly what they want for breakfast. Here is what I used for my omelette bar:
2 eggs beaten
chopped bacon (cooked, drained and set aside)
sliced mushrooms (sauteed and set aside)
salt and pepper to taste
butter and olive oil for the pan
a dollop of sour cream
My tips on how to make the perfect omelette:
1. Make sure to use a non-stick pan and heat a tbsp of butter and olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Scramble 2 eggs in a bowl and set aside. Add salt and pepper.
3. Add onions and tomatoes first, until they soften a bit.
4. Add spinach, cooked bacon and mushrooms to the pan and let heat through for a minute or until the spinach starts to cook.
5. Pour the egg mixture right over the middle of the sauteed ingredients and let the egg spread out along the bottom of the pan. Tilt the pan gently so the egg can fill the empty spots in the pan.
6. Add cheese to the top of the ingredients.
7. Let the egg cook through. Once you can lift the side of the egg with the spatula, you know the egg is cooked. Lift one side of the egg and fold it over the center and repeat with the other side.
8. Remove from pan and place on your plate, add a dollop of sour cream to the top.
There is nothing like this before, you have everything covered in this breakfast! As easy as the omelette is, Quaker Real Medleys Yogurt Cups helps you take care of everything else.
My girls see yogurt as a treat because it tastes so good, and these are so quick and easy, just add cold milk, stir, and eat! Convenient, satisfying and delicious, this new product is the first shelf-stable convergence of granola, fruit and yogurt – all in a single serve cup. Which of course means, no extra dirty dishes.
Crunchy. Cool. Yum. Quaker Real Medleys comes in 3 delicious flavors:
Download the Blippar app from your Apple or Android store to scan your package and receive information tutorials on Quaker® Real Medleys® Yogurt Cups.
I was lucky enough to be at Walmart when they had a demo for the new Quaker Real Medleys Yogurt Cups, so I got to taste test all of them before bringing them home. Check this list to see if a Walmart near you has a demo scheduled for 8/13-8/16. Honestly, I loved all of the flavors. Yes, I asked to taste all of them. It's okay, the demo lady was very nice to me.
Be sure to check out more delicious recipes with Quaker Real Medleys Yogurt Cups at QuakerLove.com
I'd love to hear your favorite!