Okay friends! Happy Who-lidays! I love visiting Universal Studios during Grinchmas. I mean, Universal Studios is always fun and there is pretty much always a new attraction to check out. But there is something even more amazing about the way that they bring Whoville to life. Each time I visit I am blown away by the beautiful 60 foot tall tree, but even more so by the citizens of Whoville.Read More
I've been telling you all about the Holiday celebrations around town, but the celebrations at Universal Studios Hollywood are like no other. When you visit Universal Studios from now until January 3rd, during select dates you can join in on the Who-liday celebrations in Universal Plaza.
There is no way you can miss the 60 ft tall Grinchmas tree or any of the wonderful Who-ville Who's, and once you enter you have to make sure to stop, meet and talk to each Who that you see.
Universal Studios has some of the best rides, shows and attractions and they hit it out of the park with Grinchmas. The transformation into Who-ville is amazing and there are so many fun activities and shows. You can sit and listen to Cindy Lou Who while she reads the Dr. Seuss classic How the Grinch Stole Christmas and see musical performances by The Who-liday Singers boy band and Marth May Who-vier and her Who Dolls.
The 60 ft tall one-of-a-kind, curved Seuss-ian Grinchmas tree is beautiful all day long, but in the evening you have to see it light up. You can catch the tree lighting every 30 minutes which also ends in snowfall!
Before you get in line to take a SUPER FUN photo with the Grinch or Max the Dog, here are some other activities the kids can enjoy.
- Decorate and send a postcard at the Whoville post office. Which also serves to donate a book to your community as thanks from the Seuss family.
- Design your own Grinch themed holiday ornament.
- Decorate a cookie with frosting and other edible sweets. Purchase is required but worth it, it's a huge cookie.
Meeting the Grinch is the definite highlight of all the Wholiday Wholibrations. He is just as you would expect him to be from the story, but better. He is great in person and full of fun and energy and really great at taking selfies. He asked my girls what their names were, read their post cards, and helped them put them in the mailbox before posing for our pictures. Such a great highlight for the holidays.
We had so much fun celebrating the Who-lidays here and you and your family will too! Come out for the Grinchmas fun and stay for the rest. Don't miss the Minion Ride, Springfield, the 50th anniversary Studio Tour and the Fast and Furious Supercharged.
Universal Studious Grinchmas is open select dates now through January 3, 2016!
Oh and in case you haven't heard, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is set to open at Universal Studios Hollywood on April 7, 2016!
Disclaimer: I was provided tickets for my family and I to attend Universal Studios to check out all of the Grinchmas fun so I can share with all of you. As always, all opinions are my own.
Disclosure: I was invited to attend the media preview of the Grinchmas tree lighting at Universal Studios.
It’s that magical time of year again for
to ring in the holiday season! The Entertainment Capital of L.A. will Cel-Who-brate with the 20 Days of “Grinchmas,” including family activities like Who-bilicious Cookie Dec-Who-rating and Story Time with Cindy Lou Who. Universal CityWalk will also deck the hall with free concerts, nightly snowfall and special appearances by Santa Claus!
runs weekends on December 6-7, and 13-14, then continues daily from December 19, 2014 through January 3, 2015. The 60 foot tall tree is a spectacle to be adored by all who visit, the perfectly imperfect colorful tree topped with a ginormous star is straight out of the classic book and movie. Universal Studios has done a wonderful job of recreating the magic from the timeless family favorite.
The Whoville Whos are the most friendly people you will ever meet! Every time I turned around, a character was chatting up my daughters asking them their name and age, and reminding them to make sure to be good for Christmas.
offers a variety of fun activities designed to create long lasting memories for the whole family:
- Who-ville Post Office – Visitors will have a chance to partake in the “Grow Your Hearts 3 Sizes” campaign when they share their good deeds on a postcard and mail them to The Grinch. In return, Random House Children’s Books, the publishers of Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, will pay it forward by donating a book to a child in need through First Book on behalf of the sender.
- Trim up the Tree Lot – Guests can design and personalize their own “Grinchmas” ornaments to help decorate the venue’s other “Grinchmas” trees or take them home as a keepsake.
- Who-bilicious Cookie Dec-Who-rating – Freshly baked, ginger bread cookies will be available for purchase, and guests can create their very own amazing treats with an assortment of delectable frostings and tasty toppers.
- Story Time with Cindy Lou Who – Cindy Lou Who and her Who friends will gather guests of all ages – tall and small—for an engaging storytelling show of Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas, featuring special effects and audience participation.
The holiday season is the perfect time to visit
not just for the fun rides like the new Minion Mayhem, but
is included in the price of admission to the park. Make sure to check out the world-famous behind-the-scenes Studio Tour, where fans of the blockbuster film, “Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” can enjoy a close-up view of the original Who-ville film sets and a one-of-a-kind performance by unforgettable Who-ville Whos re-enacting popular scenes and songs from the family favorite.