This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone.#SaveSnackScore #CollectiveBias
This is our second year as a baseball family. We actually missed the whole T-ball phase, so I spent all of last season cheering on my daughter and holding back tears, because she just looked so cute. Which leads to my first tip, try to hold back calling your kid cute in front of their teammates. Today, not only am I going to share my "5 Things Every New Baseball Mom Needs" but I'm going to share some tips and deals on how to save a few bucks too, get ready to #SaveSnackScore!
I'm going to jump right in to my list of essentials for every new baseball mom.
- Comfort: Bring a blanket, pillow or cushion. I will warn you now, the bleachers and benches can be terribly uncomfortable after sitting for longer than just a few minutes.
- Shade/Sun Protection: Baseball season begins right as the weather starts to warm up, so you need to be prepared for hot temperatures and sun exposure. I learned the hard way, I ended up pretty red after opening day ceremonies. I suggest having sun glasses, sun block and even an umbrella.
- Snacks: You can never have enough snacks. POWERADE® and NABISCO Multipacks are a lifesaver! The variety and quantities at such great prices are perfect for keeping stocked up and having plenty on hand to share with other sideline parents.
- Entertainment: If it's just you sitting on the sidelines, headphones are handy for those moments you'd like to listen to an audio book or just tune in to your own business. There's nothing fun about being the person at the park, choosing which music or video everyone gets to listen to. If you're bringing along a little sister or brother, a gaming system, notebook and art supplies are helpful too.
- Equipment: It's always a good idea to bring a long an extra glove and ball. For one, you never know when your child is going to forget it in the strangest of strangest places. It happens. Also, your child might need someone to play catch with and this is when, no matter what you're wearing and how tired you are, you get up and play catch. These moments wont last forever.