This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena#CollectiveBias
As we slowly get over the holidays and the novelty of the New Year, we can finally start getting on with our year and ready for the big game days coming up. I LOVE planning my game day menus and collaborating with my family about what food to make.
Today I'm sharing my recipe for a Hot and Spicy clam dip. This is an old family recipe that my grandma shared with my mom years ago. This spicy dip was always a favorite at family parties and today, I'm glad to share with you.
In our house during football season, we are always cheering for opposing teams just to make things more interesting. For me though, I chime in and watch here and there, but mostly I am in the kitchen cooking up some delicious food.
Hot and Spicy Clam Dip Recipe
- La Morena Sliced Green Jalapeño's (diced)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Onion
- 2 cans of Clams
- Large Can of Diced Tomatoes and Juice
- 2 cups of shredded Cheese
To make this delicious, hot and spicy dip all you need to start is a pan and a little bit of oil.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions. Stir and cook until the onions become tender and clear.
- Add La Morena Jalapeño's and cook until heated through a bit (about 3 mins on Medium heat).
- Next add clams and diced tomatoes to the already heated onions and jalapenos.
- Stir and heat through on Medium-High heat for 20 minutes.
- Last, add cheese and stir until melted.
That's it! Serve with your choice of tortilla chips. I like the dipping cups for a hearty dip like this and it helps when you are watching a game, to not have to look at your chip the whole time it travels from bowl to mouth. Oh and you have to top with more cheese, because... cheese.