Easter is just around the corner and I don't know about your house, but mine can get a little hectic on holiday mornings. We are always rushing to get ready and out the door on time for church, family's houses, or the park for the big family Easter picnic.
I guess it goes without saying, and if you are a mom I know you get it, I am always in a rush. I like to make things as simple as possible. So when I do my shopping I like to go to Smart & Final for good quality ingredients at a great value. This week I checked out the brand new Smart & Final at Midtown Crossing on Pico in Los Angeles. If you are near the area, you have got to stop in and check it out. It's so clean, bright, organized and stocked!
I had so much fun shopping for these ingredients in this store. I like when I can find quality ingredients like First Street products at great price, this makes me and my husbands wallet happy.
Okay, now let me share with you this super easy, but special Easter breakfast. These Cheesy Egg-Tater muffins and Berry Delicious waffles can all be prepped in 20 minutes and on the table in another 20 minutes. (Clean up time is additional, I suggest you just leave it until the morning.)
Cheesy Egg-Tater Muffins
1/2 cup of milk
2 slices of Ham Steak chopped to bite size
First Street frozen Tater treats
First Street Shredded Cheddar and Mozzarella
*Really, you can add anything your hungry heart desires. This particular recipe is fail-proof for my kids, but personally, I would add diced tomatoes and some spinach to mine.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. First crack eggs into a medium mixing bowl and add milk. Now, whip this up until it's good and fluffy! I like to add a little pepper and garlic salt add this point for some extra flavor.
2. Pour egg/milk mixture into individual muffin molds about 2/3 full.
3. Sprinkle the chopped ham steak into the molds.
4. Place one First Street Tater Treat into each muffin mold.
5. Top with First Street shredded cheese.
Bake for 13 minutes at 350 degrees.
Berry Delicious Waffles
First Street Non-Stick Baking Spray
Pancake/Waffle Mix (additional ingredients may apply)
First Street Mixed Berries
1. Spray your waffle maker with First Street Non-Stick baking Spray.
2. Mix up your favorite Waffle batter and get to waffle making. (Every one has a different batter and iron, so times may vary)
3. Add First Street Mixed Berries to a small pot on low-medium heat. Do not add water, but if you feel like being naughty, go ahead and add some sugar.
4. Plate your waffles, top with whipped creme, and add warm berries.
*Of course, you can just use syrup... or go crazy and add yogurt and granola, or fresh fruit! (Smart & Final has a great produce section)