I am not going to sit here and say that I am a fan of football, I'm not. I mean, I kinda understand the game and the rules, but my favorite part of football season, is the end, the BIG GAME, well the food at the big game. One of my go-to appetizers is Cream Cheese Won Tons, just a few ingredients and 20 minutes and you have a delicious snack ready for kick off.
For 110 years, families have trusted the simple goodness of Lucerne as a wholesome, healthy and nutritious dairy brand they can exclusively find at their local Vons stores. While Lucerne packaging has been given a makeover, shoppers can remain confident that they will continue to get the same high quality dairy products at a great value that they have come to know and love.
- I used the Lucerne Cream Cheese I found at Vons and mixed it with some diced chives. (I have also mixed cream cheese with imitation crab, diced bacon and fresh strawberries.)
- Scoop a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center of the won ton.
- Wet the sides of the Won Ton wrapper using your finger and a little bit of water.
- Fold the wrapper in half and press together to close. You should have a delicious stuffed triangle.
- Lastly, add some oil to a frying pan (enough to cover the bottom of the pan) and place a few won tons in the oil to fry at a time and turn when they brown.
There you have it! An easy but delicious appetizer, perfect for game day or any other day. So now, let me help you out with your Game Day Party. How would you like to win a $110 gift card to Vons? Here's your chance:
the image above to your favorite meal board. (1 entry)
this post on facebook. (1 entry)
about it on Twitter. (1 entry)
and then come back and leave me a comment telling me you're favorite team. (1 entry)
Good luck! Giveaway ends January 25, 2015.