This post is sponsored by Lunchbox, however all opinions are my own.
Observing Lent can be a struggle when it comes to dinner time. Having to come up with new ideas that don't include meat and that everyone will enjoy is difficult and it forces you to think outside of the box. I'm up for the challenge! Lucky for us, Mexican food offers a lot of flexibility. There are tons of dishes that use vegetables and fish. We LOVE Knorr® bouillon cubes because they add that authentic Latin flavor to our favorite Lent dishes.
I decided to put a little twist on the classic Sopa de Fideo and not only add shrimp, but use Knorr® Shrimp Bullion cubes. This was my first time using Shrimp bullion cubes and I have to say I was surprised with the flavor. I love that just a spoonful of Knorr® can turn your meal into something special with delicious flavor everyone will enjoy.
All throughout Lent season, Northgate Market's has you covered with delicious options throughout the store. Want to learn how to make a delicious capirotada?! How about chiles rellenos?! Northgate stores are offering cooking demos, just visit Northgatemarkets.com for a full class schedule and locations near you. I'm signing up!
Get your shopping list ready. In order to make my delicious Shrimp Fideo, this is what you'll need:
- Knorr® Shrimp flavor bullion cubes (2)
- 1/2 lb of Shrimp (cleaned/deveined)
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 1 package of Fideo
- 1 1/2 cans of tomato sauce
- 2-3 cups Boiling Water
- In a large saucepan, bring oil to a high heat and add diced onions, green chiles and Knorr® Shrimp bullion cubes. Crush the Knorr® cubes into the oil and cook until onions and chiles are tender and clear.
- Next, add the Fideo. I bought spiral fideo and crushed it into smaller pieces then fried it in the oil until browned.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir until covered, then add 2 cups of boiling water. *You may need to add more depending on how wet you want it.
- Last add the shrimp. Mix in and cover on low heat for about 10 minutes. Add more water if desired and let sit covered for 10 more minutes.
So what you do think? Will you try my Shrimp Fideo recipe for Lent? Don't forget to visit your local Northgate Gonzalez Market for additional Lent recipes, special deals & offers!
Celebrate Lent with Knorr® and share your cooking creations with others by using the hashtag #KnorrCelebrations. What are your favorite Lent recipes? Leave me a link in the comments below.