This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HowDoYouHash #CollectiveBias
Breakfast is my husband's favorite meal, in fact, if he had his way he would eat it for every meal. I have him to thank for introducing me to HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Hash for the first time about 6 months ago. Hash was never something my family ate when I was growing up, but my husband has fond memories of his mother making it. Now that I've had it a few times, I've been trying to think of more ways to use it to make new breakfast dishes. Through all that breakfast brainstorming I came up with Breakfast Tostadas.
Above you can see the ingredients that I used for my breakfast tostada including:
- HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Hash, cooked
- Fried corn tortillas
- Avocados, smashed
- Scrambled Eggs, cooked
- Sour cream
- Pico de Gallo
- Shredded Cheese
See the slideshow below for the step by step on how to build your tostada.
As you can see above, building your breakfast tostada is all about layers.
- Fry the tortillas and cook the hash and set aside.
- Spread smashed avocado on the tostada.
- Add a layer of scrambled eggs.
- Top with HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Hash.
- Add a dollop of sour cream.
- Last sprinkle some Pico de Gallo and shredded cheese for added flavor.
My mother in law said she uses HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Hash for taquitos! Mmm.. I guess that will be a post for another day.