This is part of a sponsored collaboration with Latina Mom Bloggers and Pampers. All opinions are 100% mine.
Hola! It's getting to be the end of the year and for me that means it's time to reflect and look back, and bawl my eyes out as I realize another year has gone by and my girls are getting older. Today I'm sharing a DIY project that will help you treasure those moments and keep them safe in a fun way. I'm also sharing a fun giveaway from #RegaloDeAmorPampers.
You have a chance to win a gift basket to help capture those special moments of love with baby. The gifts include Pampers Swaddlers, Pampers Wipes, The Crafty Chica Collection Book, and a Michael’s gift card to create a DIY loving keepsake! Keep reading for instructions on how to make your own memory keepsake ornament and how to enter to win this fun prize.
As I was flipping through my copy of
The Crafty Chica Collection
by Kathy Cano Murillo I was inspired by her
Divine Intervention Car Cross
to make a Memory Keepsake Ornament for each year of my daughters lives.
I've been dying to try the bottle cap/resin craft for a while now and now that I have, I think I will be making more of these for bows and necklaces and key chains. The possibilities are endless!
Photos printed in 1 inch circles, Bottle Caps, Mod Podge Dimensional Magic, Hot Glue Gun, Paint, Glitter, Popsicle Craft Sticks, Ribbons, Yarn, Papers or any other materials that you'd like to use.
Follow the instructions below to make your own keepsake ornament.
- Print/Cut one inch circles.
- Glue the pictures to the center of the bottle cap.
- Pour the resin over the photo and cover completely. Try to keep a steady stream of resin when you're pouring, this will help keep the bubbles away. This will need to sit for 24 hours to completely harden.Please note: In this case, bubbles are the enemy.
- Paint your popsicle sticks and decorate however your heart desires. I added glitter, because, well I love making things glittery.
- Cut ribbons, yarn, pipe cleaners or anything you have chosen to use and start gluing. My favorite part of the process is all the layering.
- Adhere the hardened bottle cap with the photo as the last layer.
- Lastly, glue a string or ribbon to the top to hang the ornament.
It happens in a blink of an eye. It has been years now since my little ones were in diapers, but I want to make sure I capture the moments and hold them tight. The picture above is of my littlest's very first Christmas. Your baby experiences your love in many different ways, and those precious moments you share with your little one make every day special and worth remembering.
are the No.1 choice at local hospitals in Los Angeles and across the country. And now Pampers Swaddlers is available through size 6 to comfort and protect babies through many more moments of love! I remember being so sad when my babies grew out of their Swaddlers, I love that Pampers now offers Swaddlers through age 6.
What do you think? I love it! It's gonna be so exciting to pull out the ornaments from the years past and look back at them and see how much they've changed.
Are you ready for the giveaway?
- $25 Michael’s Gift Card
- The Crafty Chica Collection Book
- Pampers Wipes
- Pampers Swaddlers Diapers
For an easy entry: Leave me a comment and tell me how do you capture favorite loving moments with your kids? For more chances to win, use the Rafflecopter widget below.
Entrants must be 18+up and live in the contiguous U.S.
All giveaways should be completed and winners submitted NO LATER than November 26th.