You all know how much we love this time of year, Spring is just about here and we are so ready for the annual Knott’s Boysenberry Festival! This is where my daughter first tried Alligator and the one time of year where both of my daughters will try every food on the menu. We have so much fun tasting our way through Knott’s Berry Farm and this year the festival is back and bigger than ever. This year’s Boysenberry Festival runs 31 days starting March 29, operating daily through April 28, 2019.
(Check out last year’s post right here)
This year’s newly-expanded festival will feature over 75 unique boysenberry-inspired creations. Guests will have the opportunity to indulge in a tantalizing line up of dishes ranging from savory foods with a boysenberry twist to one-of-a-kind specialty desserts and drinks that can only be found at Knott’s Berry Farm during this time of the year.
This year’s lineup will introduce several new food items including:
· Boysenberry dry rubbed flank steak topped with boysenberry cream cheese
· Boysenberry jerk chicken wings
· Boysenberry chili in a fresh-baked boysenberry sourdough bread bowl
· Boysenberry pot roast served over rich and creamy boysenberry mashed potatoes
· Boysenberry BBQ chicken skewers served with a zesty boysenberry aioli dipping sauce
· Boysenberry glazed salmon served on mixed greens and topped with a boysenberry vinaigrette
· Spicy boysenberry habanero baked mac and cheese
· Boysenberry jambalaya prepared with chicken, boysenberry sausage and bell peppers served with white rice
· Boysenberry pulled pork tostada topped with creamy coleslaw and boysenberry drizzle
· Boysenberry-lemon hummus served with pita bread
· Grilled boysenberry sausage on a freshly baked roll topped with boysenberry ketchup, relish, and mustard
· Boysenberry elote, a grilled corn on the cob smothered in fresh boysenberry butter, mayo and topped off with cotija cheese
· Fresh-baked boysenberry waffles served with sweet maple boysenberry cream cheese syrup
· Boysenberry cinnamon sugar tortilla crisps served with creamy boysenberry ice cream
A great way to indulge the new boysenberry food items during the festival is by purchasing a tasting card priced at $35 which offers eight tastings from a selection of fourteen boysenberry-inspired dishes. A variety of signature boysenberry items will also be available for purchase a la carte. Tasting cards are available at Knotts.com or at the theme park.
Knott’s Boysenberry Festival offers endless entertainment options for the festival goer:
· Tied up in Knott’s
· Snoopy’s Boysenberry Jamboree!
· Old Time Melodrama
· Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies
· Musical Performances
· Old MacDonald Petting Zoo
The Boysenberry Festival is included with admission to Knott’s Berry Farm. Additional costs apply for food tasting experiences within the event. Knott’s will have extended hours on select days March 29 – April 28, allowing guests extra time to take advantage of all of the limited-time offerings.
While you’re at the Boysenberry Festival, make sure to pick up some ingredients so you can recreate some of the deliciousness at home, like I did here.
The best way to savor every day of the Knott’s Boysenberry Festival and all of the other Seasons of Fun is with a 2019 Season Pass. A Regular Season Pass includes unlimited admission in 2019 to Knott’s Berry Farm with no blackout dates, and a Gold Season Pass includes unlimited admission in 2019 to both Knott’s Berry Farm and Knott’s Soak City Waterpark with no blackout dates. Regular passes are just $98 or five easy payments of $15.50 after an initial payment and Gold Passes are $118 or five easy payments of just $18.50 after an initial payment. These offers end April 28, 2019. Applicable taxes and fees apply. Payment plans are only available at knotts.com.